March 5, 2018 Meeting
Our girls learned some valuable lessons tonight. They reviewed making friends, trying something new, and using manners.
New Badge Work:
Daisy – Zinni Petal: Considerate and Caring
- They learned how to be considerate and caring. In conjunction with our philanthropy work, the girls were read the book “Have You Filled a Bucket Today? – A Guide to Daily Happiness for Kids“. This heartwarming book encourages positive behavior by using the concept of an invisible bucket to show the girls how easy and rewarding it is to express kindness, appreciation and love by “filling buckets.” It also teaches that “bucket dipping” is a negative behavior, not a permanent label.
Brownie – Philanthropist Badge
- They learned the meaning of philanthropy. Discussed what every person needs vs. what every person wants. They earned this badge by exploring different charities and how our troop can help them. The girls chose to focus on helping healthcare, women, children, and the homeless.
Junior – Scribe Badge
- They learned how great writing can make people feel encouraged, entertained, or excited. When they are sad or angry, writing down their feelings can make them feel better. They earned this badge by discovering what they can do with words and creating a poem about helping others with philanthropy.
Things the girls can work on at home:
- Discuss what philanthropy work she would like your family to do.
- Watch the Bucket Filler video.
- Write a poem about helping others.
Please add our World Thinking Day Event to your calendar. The girls received a paper bag with supplies to make (10) SWAPS. Please review the SWAP Etiquette. They will need to bring the SWAPS with them to the event.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
Don’t forget that today is our troops Chili’s Give Back Event for the Gulf Coast Kids House. Encourage all of your family and friends to eat at Chili’s today and let your server know that you are there for the Give Back Event. Chili’s will donate 10% of all profits to the Gulf Coast Kids House.